The Designer: Mónica Díaz
Creator of MONIC
WHO IS THE SOUL OF MONIC ?
Behind MONIC is the creator from Cantabria, Spain, Mónica Díaz, whose inspiration and design are based solidly in the designer’s artistic training in the visual arts. With a degree in Fine Arts followed by further training in Fashion, Design and Jewelry-making.
This long artistic career had given the company a unique vision and a strong personality where innovation and spacial creation have combined like unique identities. These give room for sculptural designs which become works of art like hallmarks of their own, giving rise to avant-garde sculptural designs that are themselves works of art for their spatial sense, the use of materials and manufacturing processes.
The deep and complex vision of the art of headpieces and accessories has placed the company as leader in the sector, both for its contribution to the field as for the painstaking quality with which it always surprises.
PROJECTS AND SPECIAL COLLABORATIONS
Collaborations are an artistic and design challenge that we are passionate about and since 2004 we have been developing them with artists, designers, publicists and important stylists among others, always making exclusive designs which we highlight below:
- Collaborations with groups like Rosa Clará , Schweppes, Moët Chandon…
- Designs for the pianist Mine Kawakami, ambassador at the Annual Gala “Dual Year of Spain-Japan” Real Madrid Theater
- Fashion shows in Mercedes Fashion Week in Madrid with Maria Barros or Berhanyer en la Pasarela Puerta Europa
- Accessories in videoclips and productions of Soraya, Facto Delafé y las Flores Azules or Klaus & Kinski , Alondra Bentley among others.
- Designs for the Ballet de Tamara Rojo para la obra Blancanieves and others…